Jody Victor wanted to find out more about Marissa Mayer, the CEO of Yahoo! Here is what he found:
- Marissa graduated Stanford University with a B.S. degree in symbolic systems and an M.S. in computer science.
- She also specialized in artificial intelligence.
- In 1999, she became the 20th employee at search giant Google as the company’s first female engineer.
- At Google, she worked as an engineer, designer, product manager, and executive.
- She became Vice President of Search Products and User Experience.
- In her final years at Google, she was Vice President of Local, Maps, and Location Services.
- On July 16, she was appointed president and CEO of Yahoo!
- On the same day as the announcement of her hiring at Yahoo!, she announced she was pregnant and has since had her baby in September.
- Marissa sits on the boards of Walmart and Yahoo!
- Marissa was named on Fortune magazine‘s annual list of America’s 50 Most Powerful Women in Business in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.
- She also sits on some non-profit boards: Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, New York City Ballet, San Francisco Ballet, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
- Marissa invest in several technology companies such as Minted, Airtime, Square.
- Marissa made her first acquisition for Yahoo! just yesterday: Stamped.
Jody thinks she is a leader worth watching in the upcoming years…