Your staff should be trained, challenged, and encouraged with perfection and teamwork as a goal. No excuse should be made for leaders not to train their staff be the best in their profession. Train with a purpose and emphasize the essential element of teamwork.
The sharing of tasks and hard work should strengthen reduce problems, develop teamwork, improve morale and give a feeling of unbounded loyalty.
Teamwork is the key to successful operations. Teamwork is essential from the smallest business to the largest. As a boss, you must insist on teamwork from your staff. Train and operate as a team. Be sure that each everyone knows his/her position and responsibilities within the team framework.
When team spirit is in evidence, the most difficult tasks become much easier to accomplish. Teamwork is a two-way street. Individuals give their best, and in return the team provides security, recognition, and a sense of accomplishment.
- Train, study and train, prepare, and train thoroughly, endlessly.
- Strive to maintain individual stability and unit integrity; keep the same leader as long as possible if they’re getting the job done. Needless changes disrupt teamwork.
- Emphasize use of the “buddy” system.
- Never publicly blame an individual for the team’s failure nor praise one individual for the team’s success.
- Provide the best available facilities for training and make maximum use of teamwork.
- Ensure that all training is meaningful, and that its purpose is clear to all members of the staff.
- Acquaint each individual of your staff with the capabilities and limitations of others, thereby developing mutual trust and understanding.
- Base team training on realistic, current, and probable conditions.
- Insist that everyone understands the functions of the other members of the team and how the team functions as a part of the whole.